I have enjoyed the task you set me.
- The owners are to be congratulated for going to the effect to put on a display of birds like this, well done exhibitors.
- The Cochin Cockerel was the Champion with the Japanese Hen Reserve Champion.
- Some birds looked to be better than what the photos portrayed
- At a normal show, you have the added advantage of handling, hence you get a feel for the birds ( weight, breast bone, and firmness ) and can also move the birds around to get them to stand.
Based on traffic lights, colours are awarded as follows:
Note: Judge receives larger images than what is displayed on the website.
- Green indicates that the exhibit
is considered show quality (those that,
with good management and preparation, could do well in an exhibition)
- Orange indicates breed
quality (those that are reasonably true to standard
and, with good management, should breed better quality stock
- Red indicates garden
stock. Birds with one or more faults according to
breed standard, and good birds to have in the garden or pets.